Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School!

Summer break is over and I am not sure where the last 11 weeks have gone. We had a fun, fun summer and I am not sure I am ready to tackle the whole nightly "homework" thing already. The kids lucked out with GREAT teachers this year. Kayli started school Monday and she is in 3rd grade and has a brand new teacher, Mrs. Richardson. This is her first year teaching, and Kayli said she's really nice and is excited to go back tomorrow.

It's hard to believe Kayli is in 3rd grade...she's such a beautiful little girl!

Kayli was full of nerves, but she had a smile on her face when I left her in her classroom.

Tyler started Tuesday and is in 1st grade. So lot's of "new" for him. We will have to see how he adjusts to going to school all day, and being away from his mom so long. He has such an amazing teacher this year, Mrs. Wilkins. She has been teaching a very long time, and she LOVES to teach, LOVES first grade and LOVES the kids. He wanted to ride the bus on his first day, so I met them at the school to make sure he got where he needed to be and make sure he was Ok. When I got to the school, he was crying and wanted to go home with me. I knew as soon as he saw his sweet teacher and got into class he would be just fine. I did have a few "mommy moments" this morning making his first school lunch, and leaving him in his classroom, but I know when he gets off the bus today he will be happy and I know he will love school. We are all excited about this new school year!

Our 1st grader...Tyler

Tyler with his nervous unsure smile...love this boy!

Kayli and Ty (Kayli's 2nd day, Tyler's 1st day...Kayli is so good to make sure Tyler lines up where he should, get's on the right bus, and memorizes his lunch number...so sweet.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I am glad they had a great start! Looking so cute in their new school clothes. We start on Thursday! :)

Janet said...

Yes, I rmember those "Mommy Moments". Time goes by so fast. It is neat that you are taking so many pictures so that you and the kids can look back and remember these great times. They grow up so fast.