Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another year

Yep, today was my birthday. I am not sure I am too excited about turning another year older, but I had a nice day. We spent the whole day at home together, playing and watching a movie with the kids.
Tim's parents came and watched the kids Saturday night so Tim and I went to a movie (500 Days of Summer) and then to a Mexican restaurant. It was a nice evening just the two of us. When we got home Kayli ran upstairs and told me they had a surprise.
Kayli had the idea to decorate with balloons and streamers like we always do for their birthdays, so they decorated the family room for me. It was a fun surprise. She even planned a balloon game for us to play. So creative!
I wanted to do something fun with our kids so I had them make my birthday cake with a little help and then we baked them and then we let them each decorate a cake any way they wanted. I got all the sprinkles out of the cupboard, and had bought some shimmery gel, and let them do what they wanted. Kayli wanted pink frosting and Tyler wanted blue. They turned out very fun. They loved it. Tyler's was done in no time and Kayli really put a lot of thought and time into hers. They both turned out so cute, and I loved what they did. It tasted soo good as well. Thanks everyone for the fun day. I have the best husband and kids! Lucky me!!!




Kayli's cake!

Tyler's cake!

Anyone who knows Tyler knows he has an obsession with "squishy" toys. Tim took the kids to let them pick out whatever they wanted to get me, and this is what Tyler picked...squishy hand, foot, eye, tongue and nose. Let's just say the most unique gift I have ever recieved. Of course he played with them all day.

Kayli bought me this jewelry box which she painted and decorated herself. Love it!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday!! I love that you let them each decorate a cake for you. I love it. I was trying to figure out what the severed hand was on the counter before I saw the picture of all the limbs. :)

Glad you had a great day. You deserve it.

Sermons of the Day said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!! I love all the cakes you got and how cute they were decorated. Nice job kids.