Friday, August 29, 2014

Am I really doing this?!?

Yesterday was my orientation for the Nursing program at Ameritech. Tuesday, Sept 2 is the big day and I have a lot of mixed emotions about it, I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. Yesterday as I sat in the orientation amongst a room full of other students pursuing the same thing as me, I got a little emotional as it really sunk in, at that very moment, for the first time...I am in nursing school! I am finally getting the perfect opportunity to achieve something I have wanted since I was a little girl. It is a reality and it's HUGE for me. I think being older I can really appreciate this opportunity so much more. Knowing how bad I have wanted this for so long and regretting year after year that I didn't do this sooner. It's finally my time, my opportunity to do this for me and my little family. It was just sort of one of those moments I hope to never forget. I want to remember that moment, especially when things get tough, cause I know for a fact that they will, and I know I am going to need that encouragement that I do want this and I can do it. I have the best support system and I know it is going to be so important in my success. My kids are even excited and proud of their mommy, how awesome is that! I appreciate all my family so much for their support, prayers, excitement and love that they have given so far in just the acceptance process. Tim, you have been the best! I am so grateful and lucky to have such a supportive husband that is willing to sacrifice our crazy normal lives, routines and finances for me for the next 18 months. Here we go...!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Janet said...

You need to print this off, frame it and hang it in a very special place where you can see it every day. Good Luck! You will do great, I know you will!!!