
Yesterday I ran my second half marathon, (Provo Halloween 1/2 Marathon). My goal was to run it in 2 hours, my last time was 2:04:05 and I just really wanted to at least beat my time. I ran it in 1:51:23!!!!!!! I was nervous about the cold weather and not being able to run it as fast as I did the last time because I hadn't been training outside in the cold. It only took the first mile to warm up and then I wished I hadn't dressed as warm. I guess the other runners felt the same way, there was gloves, hats, and costume pieces all along the road. It was a fast course. The first 5 miles were a steep descent which I thought would make it an easier run, but it made my calves burn so bad. The race course was beautiful. The canyon was full of fall colors and the temperature was perfect, and there were lots of creative costumes. I was really pushing myself to beat my time so I was so happy to see the finish line. The best part of it all was to see my family and in-laws waiting by the finish line cheering me on. Today I can barely walk and my legs are super sore, but it is definitely worth it!


2 comments:
You are AMAZING!!! Way to go! That is seriously awesome. Are you going to do it again?
You look really good after such a long race. I am glad your family go to see you this time.
Post a Comment