Monday, October 8, 2012

Creepy Crawly Creatures

The Library had a "Cold Blooded Creatures" event tonight. We saw lizards geckos, a bull frog, a tree frog, python snakes and other snakes, a tarantula , scorpions, salamanders, turtles, etc. The lady that owns all these "pets" talked about each one in detail and then after her presentation everyone could hold all the reptiles if they wanted to. Kayli and Tyler loved it and Zach wanted nothing to do with any of them (just like his momma.) Kayli and Tyler held every creature, even the tarantula, except the scorpion, only because we ran out of time.
 
 Kayli and Tyler with a python
The largest snake was this Boa. It was 8 ft long and weighed 45 pounds. 


 Zach would look but not hold anything...I don't really blame him
 This is Kayli with a salamander
 Tyler and Kayli with the tiniest turtle. It was so cute. (This cute guy I did hold.)

 Tyler with a tree frog
This was a Pogona, I think. Can't remember for sure. It was very spiky, and suprisingly soft on the body but the tail had hard spikes.
Tyler with another snake
I love our Library! They always do cool stuff like this. It's fun for the kids and cheap for the parents!

2 comments:

Sara said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT IS TOO CRAZY! Your kids are so brave!!!

Janet said...

I don't think your kids are related to me. Maybe Zach is, but Kayli and Tyler are definitely not. I can't believe they would touch those critters and then hold them in their hands and wrap them around their necks. Those two kids are really crazy.