Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Kayli!

I can't believe our little girl is 6! What a fun birthday she had. When she woke up, she opened presents from all of us and then I made pancakes and of course had a candle in it. Then she played with her new toys while I made her birthday cake. It took me 3 tries to make her cake, the first fell on the floor as I pulled it out of the oven, the second I was talking on the phone and didn't think I added water, but realized after it was baked and had gone flat that I must have added it. Like they say, 3rd times a charm. Then while decorating it, I knocked my new frosting decorator on the floor and it broke. But I did get it finished and Kayli loved it and that is all the matters. Then we had family (Grandma Janet, Grandma and Papa Hall, Strattons and Brewers) come over for cake and to watch her open presents and then we went ice skating. What a great time that was. Kayli loved it! It was her first time, and she didn't want to it to end. It didn't take very long for her to start to figure it out and was able to skate while holding someones hand. Then we came home and I made her her favorite meal...ribs & cheesy potatoes. Then we watched Space Chimps. It was a really fun day!






1 comment:

Ken Clark said...

Sounds like a fun day! It is crazy how fast it all goes. I remember so well playing office in your basement with our cardboard computers and phones. I still have the little dolls we all ordered and playing with in your trailer. Max's b-day is on the
29th so I know how the rush of getting Christmas cleaned up and then making their day special for them. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday. Your kids a so adorable. Like I said before, what a cute mom you are!!!! I want to get together soon.